Many people use the Internet for different reasons, some for their work and some for fun, but the Internet is the need of everyone nowadays. While using the Internet, we visit different websites and remembering those websites’ URLs is next to impossible. Maybe you’ll remember one or two websites, but what about the other ones you visited last month or past year? If you think you can rely on your web history for this, finding one webpage from it can be difficult. But if you bookmark the website, finding it will be easy because you can save that URL with a name that can be remembered. Bookmark is a great feature, but Apple also offers a Favorites feature which will help you visit your mostly or regularly used websites with a single click.
Those who don’t know what Favorites are in Safari, they appear on the front when you launch the application on your iPhone or Mac. They are on the home page and the new tab/ window. So, how to add favorites in Safari on apple devices? Let’s check it out.
Adding Favorites in Safari on iPhone and iPad
Adding Favorites on your Safari is not that complicated, especially on your iOs device. All you need to do is open any website which you want to add as your Favorites on Safari and follow the steps below:
- Click on the share option below.
- Now choose the Add to Favorites option from the menu.
- You will now see the edit screen where you can put a particular name for this Favorite, so it will be easier for you to access it regularly.
- After adding the display name, Tap on the Save button and done.
How to Manage Safari Favorites on iOS devices?
Now the question arises: How to manage these saved Favorites, especially when you want to remove some of them.
To manage your Favorites, open your Safari app on iPhone or iPad and follow the below steps:
- Click on the Bookmarks button in the bottom of Safari.
- After opening the Bookmark section, you will see the Favorites folder on the top; tap on it.
- Now you are in the Favorites folder, so you can manage it from here. From deleting unwanted websites to rearranging some Favorites. You can manage it, including changing display names or moving your saved websites to other folders.
How to add Favorites in Safari on Mac?
One of the best features of Apple is that it syncs all of your work in one place, which is accessible to all of your Apple devices. The same goes with the Safari browser. Suppose if you have added any Favorites on your Safari by your iPhone, it will also show up on your Mac’s Safari when you open it. Maybe this is why every professional or business personality prefers to buy an iPhone over any feature-loaded Android phone.
You can add Favorites on your Mac by four methods; each one is easy, so pick which suits you better.
Adding Favorites using share button
This method is very similar to the iPhone and iPad, as Apple operates on similar functions.
- First, open the website or webpage you want to add to your Favorites on the Safari browser.
- When opening the URL, click on the “Share” icon to open the menu.
- Choose the “Add to Bookmark” option from the menu.
- Open the Bookmarks menu and select “Favorites”.
- Now add your bookmark to Favorites by clicking “Add” and done.
Adding Favorites using a one-step add button
This is one of the easiest and fastest ways to add your website or webpage to Favorites.
- Move your mouse to the address bar and select.
- You will see the + adding a sign; click on that.
- After hitting the add button, select Favorites from the drop menu.
Adding Favorites by dragging the URL
- Open the side menu from the top of your Mac.
- Click the Bookmark option from the menu.
- Now click Favorites.
- To add your desired URL to the Favorites, just click and select the URL and drag it to the Favorites section on the side menu, and done.
- You can add a display name as per your preference.
Adding Favorites by multitasking window
- Open your Safari application.
- Open the website which you want to add to your Favorites.
- After opening the webpage, press the Command button + N, which will launch a new window on your Safari browser.
- Open both windows on a split View screen by long-pressing the green button on the window actions. Select the Tile window to any side you want.
- After opening both windows in split mode, select and drag the webpage URL to the other window’s Favorites section and done.
- You can add the display name of your Favorites as you want.
How to manage your Favorites on Mac
Adding your Favorites to the list is different, and managing them is different. Deleting, rearranging, or changing their display names requires you to know how to manage your Favorites when using Safari on Mac.
- Open your Safari browser.
- Open the sidebar from the side of the browser.
- From the menu options, click on Favorites.
- After opening your Favorites page, you can manage everything from here.
- To rearrange your Favorites, drag them up or down.
- Click to rename, edit their details or delete them.
- You can also create a new folder from here.
Adding your most visited or regularly used webpages to the Favorites folder can be helpful. It will help you save time, especially in a hurry. You don’t need to write down the website every time you open it. After adding them to Favorites, you can easily open them with a single click. Favorites are the best option for both iPhone and Mac; they will appear on your Safari browser’s new window and home page. Adding your web pages to Favorites can be confusing; just go through this guide, and you’ll easily learn the process. If you know a better method, let us know in the comments.